Welcome to our Responsible Gambling Guide where we will provide you with tips, help and support that you might need in order to keep your gambling online safe. Gambling is suppose to be a fun and entertaining activity. Sadly, this is not the case for all people that play casino online. For some people gambling can become a serious problem that’s associated with addiction and mental illness. Everyone that gambles online ought to know that this is associated with a risk. Both a risk to lose money, but also a risk to get an addiction.
We encourage fair, fun and safe gambling
Here at Onlinecasindia.in we encourage fair, fun and safe gambling. We do not recommend anyone to play online for real money. This is something you do at your own risk. Our website aim to provide Indian players information and guidance regarding everything that’s related to online gambling and online casinos. We do our best to do this in a responsible way. Our website is only intended for people over 18 years of age. If you are underaged you are not allowed to gamble online.
All online casinos that are listed on Onlinecasindia.in are licensed and regulated. These casinos are legit and safe for Indian players that lives in a state where online gambling is allowed. If you live in a state where online gambling is prohibited, you are not allowed to play on the casinos that are listed on our website.
What is Responsible Gambling?
Responsible Gambling is something that can minimize the risk of developing gambling problems and addiction. The responsibility for Responsible Gambling lies both on the casino operators and the players. Regulated Online Casinos offer information on how players can use the casino in a safe way. They also offer and encourage gambling limits and other tools to prevent players to play for money than they can afford. Some of the tools that are used identifies vulnerable players. And most importantly, they don’t target children.
When it comes to the responsibility that lies on the players it’s about setting boundaries. This can be done with the gambling limit tools that licensed casinos offer. It’s also about education and the importance of learning the risks with online gambling and learn how to play responsibly.
Tips and strategies for Gambling Responsibility
Playing casino online is suppose to be fun! If you have a compulsive gambling problem, gambling online is probably not fun anymore. To avoid getting to that place, we here provide you some tips and strategies for Gambling Responsibility.
- Set gambling limits before you start playing – This is something that you can do in your account. You can set limits for both time, wagering and deposits. There is also an option for self exclusion if you don’t want to play at all.
- Create a budget – Before you start your gambling session, you should create a budget. Decide how much you can play for and stick to it.
- Don’t play for money that you can’t afford to lose – Never play for money that you need for other things.
- Never loan money to gamble – Only play for your own money. Never take a loan or make debt to gamble.
- Don’t think that you can win back what you’ve lost – To chase losses is a really bad strategy. This usually just ends up with even more losses. Take a break and come back to the casino another day instead.
- Never drink and gamble – Always stay sober when you gamble online. If you are drunk you will make bad decisions and risk playing for more money than you can afford to lose.
Signs of Gambling Addiction
A Gambling addiction can arise over time but it can also develop fast. It’s important to pay attention to signs that may indicate a gambling addiction. Below we have gathered the most common signs of gambling addiction. There may be signs that’s not mentioned here but hopefully this list will help you on the way of identifying if you or your close ones have gambling problem.
- You cannot stop playing – If gambling is all you’re thinking about and you can’t wait for your next gambling session. When you play, you find it hard to stop even if you got other events to attend.
- You lie about how much and how often you gamble – If you have to hide your gambling activities for friends and family.
- You’re trying to win back your losses – If you find yourself chasing losses, believing you can win back all the money you’ve lost.
- You have money problems – If you continue to gamble despite bad finances. You are borrowing money or take loans to gamble or to cover your losses.
- Your personality changes – You get irritated when you can’t gamble. You get mood swings that are caused by your gambling.
There is help to get
If you feel like you can’t control your gambling anymore, there is help to get. Internet is filled with trustworthy resources where you can get help for your gambling addiction. There are online programmes and organizations where you can get help and confidential support. Some of these organizations we list below:
GamCare is an organization that is offering gambling support online. At GamCare you can get anonymous support via telephone, live chat, Facebook Messanger, WhatsApp Chat and Forum. GamCare also offer a Recovery Toolkit with blocking softwares, workbooks and self-exclusion.
Gordin Moody is a multilingual service where you can get emotional support and advice if you’re affected by gambling problems. The service is free and offers treatments to overcome your gambling problems. There are retrat programmes, at-home counseling sessions and residential treatments.
BeGambleAware® offers free support for people with gambling issues. It’s primarily a service for British players, but Indian players can also use the chat service that’s available 24 hours a day. This National Gambling Helpline is operated by Gamcare with the mission to give advice and support to people that are affected by gambling harms.
Gamtalk i a supportive community for players with gambling problems. At Gamtalk, players can share their experiences in an open and permissive atmosphere. There is also scheduled sessions and you can find helpful resources for helplines and treatments in your area. At Gamtalk you can also read stories of hope where other members have taken charge of their recovery and made a new start.